Whether you live in a teeny tiny apartment or a gigantic house, there is a guarantee that you will have one small bathroom. Every time you go in you feel cramped, almost claustrophobic. We’re coming to your rescue to solve all your “small” problems! We have broken it down into 7 different ways to make the room expand luxuriously.
1. Pick the perfect theme. The first thing you notice when you walk into a bathroom is the theme or style of the room. Most people go for nautical or “Under the Sea” themed, but we suggest a different take. You want to make it feel clean, but bold. Use white as much as you can, because it gives a soft clean ambiance. Anything bold would go really well in the room as well, just keep it simple and forward.
2. Raise up your vanity. A floating vanity is a smart way to add more space. Now, not only do you have countertop space, but you also have space underneath to store bathroom bins. Storage bins are marvelous and so convenient when it comes to hiding all the items you want to keep from getting cluttered on counter.
3. Glass doors create great space. We know this next one is not the easiest to change, but keep it in mind when you’re building a home for sure…glass shower doors! Because they’re see through, they increase the amount of space that you can see when you first walk in causing the impression that there is more room to walk around.
4. Natural light is key. The colors kind of go hand in hand with the style or theme of the bathroom, but just a reminder that whatever your theme is, use light colors. You want to use the colors that will reflect the lighting, whether it is artificial or natural, you want to bring about more light.
5. Mirrors create mindful illusions. We always mention mirrors as being a huge help when trying to create more space. A mirror is a vital part of the bathroom, but you want to make sure that it is a large mirror if it is in a smaller bathroom. Not only will it be more fun when doing your makeup in the morning, but it will also bring about the illusion that there is so much more visible space. It is an awesome trick you can use in any room of the house, but it definitely comes in handy in this situation.
6. Corner sinks create space. A corner sink shoves everything you need in the corner, but it has a clear, clean appeal added to the room. It also leaves no room for a cluttered mess on the counter, because it only has enough room on the counter for the essential items.
7. Backsplash for the bathroom. The last way to make your bathroom look larger would be another great idea to have before building the bathroom, but it can be done as an update to your bathroom. Putting tile from the ground up the wall to reach the ceiling is our most impactful idea. By doing this, you will emphasize the verticality of the room giving the appearance of a higher ceiling making the room look luxuriously large. The next time you want to revise your bathroom keep our tips in mind!
Thank you for being an A.Clore Interiors Blog reader…..
Don’t forget: you can find us on Facebook – “like” us to keep up with the latest and greatest!
You can always find more design inspiration on our Pinterest and Instagram pages!
Connect with us on Google+ and LinkedIn
Visit our Website for more information on what we are about and how interior design can change your life!