1. Fresh flowers for a centerpiece on kitchen and coffee tables. This floral touch brings the outdoors in and brightens the home with a fresh new look.
– This style can be accomplished by using neutral or pastel vases filled with flowers like tulips, marigolds, and Lilies.
2. Rearranging the furniture to improve the overall flow and functionality of living spaces.
-Changing the placement of furniture can make the space feel new without having to purchase new items.
3. Adding new décor whether spring or any aesthetic that’s preferred as long as it’s new and updated, for example, hand-towels, soap dishes, vases, and candles.
-Placing fresh spring-themed décor throughout the space will add pops of color and emphasize a fresh new beginning. Even if the theme of décor isn’t spring adding new items can add a fresh take on the space.
4. Organizing kitchen cabinets and adding labels so everything has a home, the spices labeled and put in glass containers.
-Keeping spices and everyday kitchen ingredients in matching glass containers that are labeled. Also placing labels on the shelves so every pan has a permanent place, adding separation containers for silverware and various kitchen utensils. These organizational touches will assist in the overall functionality of the kitchen which makes life cleaner and easier.
5. Changing the air filter for the AC to improve the overall indoor air quality.
-One of the most important aspects of feeling good in a space, but is an element that is often overlooked, is the indoor air quality (IAQ). If changing the filter for the AC unit has slipped your mind then a perfect time to accomplish this task is during spring cleaning.
6. Organizing linen closet, utilizing bins with labels, and placing laundry materials in labeled glass containers.
-Taking time to organize your linen closet can improve your overall quality of life. Rolling towels can add more space for storage and you can see the color and pattern. Placing the towels in matching bins will help keep them together neatly. Separating the linens by type in each bin with a label will make things easy to find and keep track of.
7. Cleaning the window treatments and sills from any dust or mold.
-This is a household task that seems to be overlooked a lot throughout the year but a spring clean is a perfect time to give this area some attention. Removing dust, dirt, and mold from window areas will also help improve indoor air quality in the home.
8. Picking up the rugs throughout the space, beating the dust out, and washing them before placing them back out.
-This task can help bring a dingy rug back to life, from collecting all the dirt and foot traffic throughout the home.
9. Take all bed linen off and wash them such as the bed skirt and comforter, also adding some fresh new decorative pillows.
-Although washing sheets is a weekly/monthly task, removing the bed skirt and comforter for cleaning doesn’t happen as often as it should. Spring cleaning is the perfect time to refresh and clean items of the home that often get overlooked otherwise.
10. Dust all décor, lamps, and shelving throughout the home.
-Having decorative items throughout the home creates interest and a cohesive theme. These items need to be moved and dusted so the cobwebs don’t distract from the beauty.
Thank you for being an A.Clore Interiors Blog reader…..
Don’t forget: you can find us on Facebook – “like” us to keep up with the latest and greatest!
You can always find more design inspiration on our Pinterest and Instagram pages!
Visit our Website for more information on what we are about and how interior design can change your life!